CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 9, 2011

My First Ch-Ch-Challenge

So I finally entered my first challenge!  It was Mod Paperie's Facebook Lantern Challenge.  I wanted to create something unique using the lantern file that we had to use, so I thought this would be a perfect time to use some SVG files from Lettering Delights.  I love the details in their cuts, but they are very hard to do with the Cricut!  I think they would be wonderful for the print and cut option that comes with the Silhouette (Yes, I am looking and saving..!!!).  I created these lanterns for my Grandmother, who just happens to love hot air balloons!


**Warning--I don't think paper and fire mix very well, so if you are going to use these as actual lanterns I would invest in the new electric tea lights that you can find in the candle section of Target and Walmart!**
This is the only lantern where I put balloons on all 4 sides!  The other ones I tried to break it up some with landscape images/cuts.

Again...the SVG files over at Lettering Delights are amazing but when cutting them at the 1-2 inch scale I think a machine other than the Cricut would come in handy.  Don't get me wrong...I still love my Cricut, but a girl has to have options!  It's like owning just one pair of shoes or just one purse....NOT POSSIBLE!

Oh all paper was DCWV and actually came from a baby nursery set.  The muted colors just worked perfectly for this project!

1 comment:

  1. Oh these are adorable! Love the way you incorporated the clouds with the balloons. (I bought those same files and have not used them yet. I am so inspired to make something with them now :)

    ReplyDelete