CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Card Updates

So I have been horrible about two things....taking high quality pictures and updating this blog.  I will admit that I am not only a Cricut junky, but I smartphone junkie.  I am quality of taking quick snapshots with my smartphone and uploading them to facebook.  Therefore, I am horrible about uploading things here.  So, I am going to try my hardest at improving on this weakness, and hopefully when I can get my Iphone in 16 days at least my pictures will be better quality.

So here are a few of the cards I have been working on lately.  I don't think I am going to get into directions just yet, but I will post a short list of items used.

 This is an "s-fold" card.  Ok maybe I will give the directions for this one because it was simple.  Here is the recipe:
1. Cut base cardstock at 8.5 in. x 5.5 in.
2. Fold in half.
3. Fold top flap in half again.  (I adhered these two flaps together becasue I thought it looked more finished this way.)
4. Cut on pattern paper at 2 in. x 5.25in and the other pattern paper at 4 in x 5.5in
5.  For the square on the front cut a 3 x 3in square and a 2.75 x 2.75in square.
6. For the inside square cut one at 2.5 x 2.5in. and the other at 2.25 x 2.25in.
7. Make a cut-out for front (I used a heart from the Tie the Knot cartridge), and stamp a sentiment on the inside.


This is just a simple card I made using, again, the Tie the Knot Cartridge. I also used the Sizzix embossing machine that I recently purchased.

 This is a trifold shutter card.  I had seen these on several different blogs, and was dying to try it.  However, it looked so complicated that I thought a beginner like me wouldn't be able to handle it.  It was so simple I feel stupid that I didn't try it earlier.  Since its so simple I will share the directions.  Here we go:
1. Take a 12 in x 6 in piece of cardstock.  Score at 2 in, 4 in, 8 in, and 10 in.
2. Cut 1.5 inches at the top and bottom from the 2 in. score line to the 10 in. score line.
3. Fold to get your peaks and valleys.  Then decorate!
**I found that simple was better with this card!! You will see why below!!  Oh, I also used a stamp from Michael's dollar section and the fawn and cute little butterfly are from the Create a Critter cartridge.
Here is why simple is always better with the shutter card.  THIS HAS TO BE THE UGLIEST THING I HAVE MADE THUS FAR!  The picture actually helps it, but it seriously hurts my eyes to even look at it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment